Thursday 20 February 2014

The last day of LONDON FASHION WEEK

I had so much fun staying in London over the weekend for fashion week that as soon as I got home I booked another train ticket to come back up on the Tuesday for the last day. This is my OOTD that I decided to wear. I wanted to keep the outfit quite minimal with tones of black and grey because the jacket is quite a statement piece, with bright florals quite the trend at the moment.
Bowler Hat - H&M
Glitter Cami Top - Primark
Floral Silk Jacket - Boohoo
Black Joni Jeans - Topshop Petite
Orange Flats - Primark
Bag - H&M
Tortoise Shell Glasses - Glasses Direct 

 I can't really complain about the weather, although there were a few random spouts of rain showers, the rest of the time was lovely and sunny.  I took a few more street style photographs however because it was the last day and in the week it wasn't as busy as it was on the weekend so couldn't get a great amount, none the less the style was still on par and everyone looked flawless. 
 This girls space buns made from her plaits and her Karl Lagerfeld bag were insane. Both of these aesthetics really made her whole outfit pop.
 crop top - Missguided
fur coat - Topshop
lion necklace - New look
coated jeans - New look
rings - River island, charity shop and Topshop
clutch bag - Vintage
I've been obsessing over these sunglasses for months and have gone to buy the glasses several times but stopped myself due to the hefty price tag that comes with them. Although you can buy the dupe here - Romwe Dual Tone Sunglasses

Afterwards, we tried to queue for standing tickets for the KTZ show at the Courtyard Show Space however there were so many people with actual tickets so there was no space. Instead we got into the screening next door to watch the show from a large projector. Overall the collection was gorgeous and I was a big fan of the bomber jackets and the black and white pieces with embellishments.


After feeling a bit defeated knowing that all shows at the Courtyard Show Space had now finished and everyone on my course had got into at least one show I decided to head on over to the Topshop Show Space at the Tate Modern to try my luck at the Meadham Kirchoff show, the one show that I would of loved to have got into. On arrival the security guard asked if I had a ticket, in which I said no and he ushered me away. But before I left he told me to wait and try my luck with getting in at the end if there was any space. There was about 10 of us waiting and we could tell that the show was about to start because the music started to die down. Then out of nowhere everyone that was standing with us just started running down the long slope for the entrance! Out of sheer impulse I started running with them, out of pure determination to see the show. And then what do you know, the security guard actually let us all in! By this point I was completely buzzing and was only two rows away from the catwalk so I had such a lovely view. The catwalk was made up of a 80s prom style obstacle course with giant love hearts decorated with tinsel curtains for the models to walk through and around. Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen played and fitted the collection perfectly. At the end of it all I went onto the cat walk to have a nosey at the set and film a few clips for my fashion film i'm putting together. Overall I was so happy to have been lucky enough to watch it and hope by next year i'll have an actual invite! You can watch all the clips I put together by clicking the link below.





So that's me done with my first season at London Fashion Week. I'm now looking forward to attending the S/S15 Mens collection in June and then Septembers season of womenswear.

No comments:

Post a Comment