Saturday 10 August 2013

polkadots and moonbeams

So I've decided that because come September I will officially be classed as a 'fashion student' I should probably seriously start thinking about my outfits and what I will be wearing on a daily basis. So I thought what better way to do that than by starting my own fashion blog. Needless to say I might not be any good at this whole blogging shenanigans, partly because I'm terrible at finishing something I start (I've had the same library book out for 12 weeks and still haven't finished it) but taking photographs of my daily outfits and reviewing clothes and products will really help me get into the swing of things.

I recently changed my hair colour after 6 years of having red hair to silver and decided a night out was needed whilst my hair had that salon feel to it. I had a look round h&m and spotted this gorgeous polka dot thick skater skirt hanging behind a denim skirt and needed to try it on. It's made out of a lovely thick material with a zip on the back going half way down. When you swish the skirt you feel like Pearl from finding nemo and I just knew I had to purchase it. I teamed it with a simple boyfriend fit black t shirt from primark, frilly socks from topshop that are ever so popular at the moment, a spiked clutch bag from primark and my beloved heeled chelsea boots that always see the dance floor on a night out. This skirt is so versatile and can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion and has had many wears since, including the same outfit for when I visited Brighton for my 19th birthday last week.

*in the middle*
t shirt - primark
skirt - h&m
clutch - primark
chelsea boots - ebay
frilly socks - topshop 

No comments:

Post a Comment